A LETTER FROM RAYMOND LASOYA

October 17, 2010

Dear Precious Teachers Ven. Xian Zhong and Shirley Tam,

I bow to you both and to all that you do---- thank you!!

I am writing this letter to express my appreciation for your valuable work and honesty and truthfulness that comes through in the teachings you share with our prison Sangha. For the most part we are a group of inmates sincerely looking for working solutions to curb recidivism and install a better view of life than the one we are used to.

Your presence allows us to relax, shed stress which helps us find a deeper sense of happiness and self worth. Your teachings bring clarity to our unfolding life path.

I have learned a lot from you. It is hard just trying to keep a concentrated mindful focus from thoughts that populate our mind which unfold to create our reality. I have learned to recognize that those thoughts are truly empty of any real existence. This realization helps me to use this lesson in my practice. It allows me to let go!

The connection that you project with us is one were it seems as if your liberation is tied up with our liberation. I am grateful for this opportunity that has so much benefit for us all.

I see and feel the power of peace equanimity, wisdom and selflessness that you posses and I need that in my life.

I cannot thank you enough!

With metta,

Raymond Lasoya

Total Pageviews